Sunday

Responding to Literature in the Elementary Classroom

UPDATE-After you visit this site, please visit my 'Mom Blog' website at http://www.thebloggingmom.com/  Thanks.

So, your kids have finished reading a book. Now what? How about have them respond to it. There are a variety of ways to respond. Most often you probably use a response notebook, but let's face it, that can get old after a while. Don't get me wrong. They have a purpose! But, if I am getting tired of reading them, I know my kids are probably getting tired of writing them. In this case, it is simply time for a break. Remember, a response to literature is communicating what you think and understand about what you read. It may be done while you are reading or after you are reading, but there are many modes of sharing this. As I searched for ideas in cyberland, I came across the wonderful website Work Sheet Place. Click here to see the response to literature activity sheets. If you like them and use them, share your comments so that other teachers may benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment